Thursday, April 30, 2020

Woke up with a terrible compulsion....

When I awoke an hour ago, I shined my flashlight on my clock. It was 6:30 am. Good, the trash men hadn't arrived yet.

Remembering my late mom's home, I began throwing things out.

In my downstairs bathroom, I have heaps of sheets.

Carried them out to the trash.

Then loads of papers in my upstairs hall closet.

Did you know I have trouble using the word "my?"

Well, of course, I DO own my house, but feel I'm simply a visitor here.



The Blue Angels flew over the house - excuse me, "my" house - yesterday morning.

Rather thrilling.

Then, of course, when I came in the house I had to scrub my hands.

JUST DO IT AND stop complaining.

Shh! Patrick's bees aren't awake yet.

YELLOW PLASTIC BINS

Garbage morn on our quiet street
With one mind, we choose what to keep
and what to toss
Out with the dozens of sheets
A wild riot of designs
Where did I get them all
And where shall they go?

The heaven for my sheets
may be aboard a Russian
space station towering
high above.

Look, baby Grace, look up
and run your fingers through
your thick brown hair
and salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment