Thursday, April 16, 2020

Go Mama Go - Poem We Love Thursdays


OK I got through!
Mom said she had a big breakfast and couldn’t finish it all. 
Drank  hot tea and Jell-O and Cranberry sauce and something else she couldn’t remember she ate. 
She said that they’re taking good care of her and she’s in a good place.
Her memory was good. 
At first she called me Donna again! 
Finally she realized it was Lynn. She said to tell everyone she loves them and she doesn’t know why she’s in the hospital. 
But she was coherent and understood why we’re not visiting and said she felt better yesterday but she’s OK today.
 Hang in there Mom❤️🙏🏻

THE YELLOW PLASTIC BIN MEN just arrived. I got rid of an old monitor, the carton it came in, an American flag, sagging on my lawn, and attractive Starbucks plastic bottles I kept on windowsill in kitchen.

Schlepped everything downstairs and hurt my left shoulder again.

Big salad for breakfast.

Around 2 am last night I realized I was wide awake.

Went into my office and continued writing short story David and Cyndy.

Also submitted CABIN IN THE WOODS to Literary Yard.

Polishing it took two hours.

Today is PUBLIC RADIO MUSIC DAY.

I just don't wanna listen to the news.

APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH.

WE LOVE THURSDAYS

From a sound sleep I awoke
Have they come yet?
Peeking out of my upstairs window
I knew I had time.

This will be hard, very hard, I knew
But hadn't Moses crossed the desert
with his minyons, before we got
organized and became real Jews.

Down the stairs I carried the monitor
like a champ, then stuffed it in a box
on living room floor
Out the door I went
Lifted the top of the bin
and threw everything in.

What a way to clean my house.
It works. Less shtuff for my
kids to throw out when I croak.

No comments:

Post a Comment