Saturday, April 4, 2020

April 4, 1944 - Happy 76th Anniversary, Mom - Niece Jade has your purple wedding gown

 I figured, Look, you got this in the mail - eat everything already!
 I arranged every single pear on my white Ikea shelf after washing with soap and Liquid Dawn, a gift from sister Donna
 These are all re-runs, so "bear with me," as my friend FHK from the Intelligencer would say on the phone.

Can you believe Stacey Briggs died? Not that old.




These pears are on my white Ikea shelf. The aroma is magnificent. At this point play Bach's Magnificat.

 BAKLAVA ingredients, including preservatives.
 Mighty mighty delicious.
 Pink salt from ad in Times Chronicle. Stories are very well written.
 Dad, born in 1921. I keep this photo on top of my secretariat from Aunt Marion.

Dad smoked Luckies, before switching to filtered Kents.

Gave them up on Yom Kippur when he was 42.

Died at 59 of cancer. Had experimental treatments at Sloan Kettering that didn't work.
Below poster hangs on wall in my living room.
Dad, I think we would have gotten along fine, if only you weren't moldering in your grave in Cleveland. Levine and Sons bashed in your coffin.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND MANY MORE

Mom thinks of her husband every single day
So do we, the girls, Ruth Donna Ellen Lynn Amy
DARDEL, he called us
David has died, the family photographer
whose ceramic birdhouse is on my windowsill
where my sacred objects lie

What is the meaning of life?
Does anyone know?
Teilhard de Chardin?
Christ Almighty?
The Laughing Buddha?

LIVE LIVE LIVE TO THE HILT
We never know when our number is up
Cherry blossoms announce the coming of spring
and I am here, with no one beside me.


No comments:

Post a Comment