Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Ethan expresses his opinion about Miss A Solemnis



Ethan and I chatted this morning. Here's an old pic of him and Gram.

Ethan didn't think Missa Solemnis was all that great.

We all have our favorite pieces by Beethoven.

His is Beethoven's Symphony No. 4.

I'll play it shortly after I eat more of Dan's Gift Bag. I think I'll eat the Purple Grapes.

Hell no! I'll eat em while listening to the symphony.

Beethoven, here I come.

I also love his Grosse Fuga.

New poem I wrote:

(26 March 1884 – 5 July 1969)

DINNER FOR ONE, PLEASE

I am seated at the top of a rotunda
where I can view the entire orchestra
playing Beethoven's Fourth Symphony
one of Ethan's favorite performances.

Still it seems as if I'm home
seated on Red Couch, pink napkin
in lap, nodding to the voluminous
chords richly played by Wilhelm Bachaus.

A Nazi sympathizer, a friend of Hitler,
the man made excuses for turning his back
on a lovely Jewish violinist, who was sent to
perish in one of the camps.

Bachaus what were you thinking?

Curse your soul, Bachaus!
We are created with "free will"
You used yours as a toady to Hitler
May you writhe in your grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment