Tuesday, April 14, 2020

I just love neighborhoods! Poem for Mom

Neighbors visited from appropriate social distances on Saturday in Danville, Calif.

This is in Danville, VA. Most stay six feet away.

Just finished Ethan's interview with Keith Jarrett.

Click or clack here.

Whew! It worked.

This is a truly great interview. I told Scott Ethan uses the word "embrochement" which I have no idea what it means.

Scott just stopped by to say goodbye as he'll drive into SEPTA.

Not many people show up as they're afraid of getting the virus.

So, what's going on with Mom?

Did I share this poem with you?

THOUGHTS OF MOM

Out the back door I go
chilly, I return with
jacket on and hat with fake rose
clamped over my wild
white hair
bean soup in hand
"eat drink and be merry
for tomorrow we'll die"
sings Dave Matthews on
WXPN

The birds are chirping
Knowing nothing of the deadly
virus that attacks willy-nilly
though Dan's friend Dennis
succumbed, oh no!

The clouds are patterned
just so
they look like little bushes
here and there in the glorious
blue sky

I wander around the green grass
yard, knowing that
Mom's end is near
Thanks for my house, thinks I
A million thanks

She and I reconciled
a dozen years ago
at last she became
the mother I always wanted

Sundays we met at her home
Her key affixed to my key chain.
When the whole family was there
Ellen, Lynn, Jade, Matt and
babies Rowan Lily and Kaia Rose
her cup overfloweth.

What will life be like
without my mom.
How shall I mourn?
How shall I grapple
with being an orphan?

How, I ask.
How?



Mom has fantastic taste in home decor.

She's also a beauty, even at her age. Here she was probly 95 or 96.

Rally Mom Rally so we won't have to say goodbye.




No comments:

Post a Comment