Monday, April 27, 2020

Thanks everyone for your sympathy cards!

Gloria B.
Dan and Deb R.
Nancy and Linda M.
The Quinns
I emailed Margaret Fitzpatrick, physical therapist

Opened up my mailbox to put a contribution to WHYY inside, when what to my wondering eyes did appear:

This is sickening, gang, so you may wanna log off now.



A dead bee
being nibbled by ants.

YUCK!!!!

Last night on Turner Classic Films I watched THE MUSIC MAN with Robert Preston and Shirley Jones.



Pure delight!

Scott and I had seen it years ago at The Town and Country Theater in Buckingham, PA.

What's all that racket out front?

It's down the street.

A backhoe.



My son Dan never reached his goal of becoming a backhoe driver when he grew up.

It's never too late, Daniel Paul!

This morning on YT I watched a wonderful film

The THIRTY NINE STEPS.

What a shock it was to discover it was not the Hitchcock film.

It was a British production starring the sexy Kenneth More in this spy thriller.

BBC Two - Talking Pictures, Kenneth More


EATING MY OATMEAL WHILE WATCHING THE 39 STEPS

It was exciting right from the start
That's the sign of a great film
No putzing around with small talk
A nanny is pushing a buggy
when presto she is stabbed in the back
wonder what that must feel like
as I spoon the hot oatmeal into my
mouth and wipe it with a purple linen
napkin a few times out of nervousness

Great chase scenes on trains
over lovely fields in England, this was filmed
at the Pinewood Studios, and Kenneth is
handcuffed with a lovely woman, unknown
here in the states named Taina Elg.

The film is a remake of the original
1939 Hitchcock, based on a story by
John Buchan.

Is there a happy ending?
Only YouTube knows the truth.

Taina Elg below.

No comments:

Post a Comment