Sunday, April 19, 2020

Just spoke to Mom

Sarah just called and asked if I wanted to speak to Mom.

Sure, I said.

She could hear me but she couldn't really talk.

Sarah said she had a raspy breath, as if she were on her way out.

Keep talking, said Sarah.

I told her I was looking on my window sill and saw the many objects on there she had bought me.

A ceramic ashtray she had made - Donna inserted she had made it with Maria Schoenberg - they're all dead now - and then I said, You bought me these glass people from a trip to Belgium with Jill, the mother of Mary Begis.

You gave me, I said, David's ceramic birdhouse, which is very colorful and a wonderful memory of our beloved David.

Mom seemed to rouse when I said that.

She's tired now, said Sarah, and we all hung up.

Earlier today I was talking to the Bill Adams family next door. He and wife Stacey were outside planting in the garden.

I mentioned my mom was dying at home.

They were very sympathetic.

Mom wants to donate her body to science.

Donna did research on that.

It's 4:15 pm now and this is a very sad time for me.

Now, what are antibodies? The Brew’s resident bio PhD (this writer’s sister) said, “Proteins that can recognize other proteins. That’s as simple as I can make it.”



Old photo of window sill.   

No comments:

Post a Comment