Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Poem: Missing you already, Mom

MISSING YOU ALREADY, BEFORE YOUR SOUL TRANSITIONS

There are so many things I won't be able to tell you, Mom

On the news it said the state prison of Ohio has become the country's biggest source for the coronavirus.

You corresponded with Richard Starr, prisoner in Arizona, for murdering his wife.

They won't let him out, but you spoke to his mother, Bunny, who said there is a tiny thread of hope.

And Marion, an old pal of yours, you helped until she failed to answer her phone.

Did death sweep her away like a dusty broom?

Your fickle friend Judy will bawl her eyes out, living in a facility in Norristown,

Two-faced Judy with her habit of pissing people off

Your constant companion, my sister Ellen, will have her work cut out for her

Sarah said she would help

What can I do? Isolated for issues beyond my control.

Though I did put outside on the front porch Scott's Valentine plant

growing new green leaves.



Menu for today: Potato Latkas and Blueberries

Maranara Sauce and Lentil Pasta mixed with the last of my carrot and Red Lentil and Carrot Penne

The latter tasted like carrots, which I did not enjoy.

People call me at the strangest times.

I'm online responding to posts about Mom.

Usually I don't answer the phone but I was curious.

It was Tom from PECO.

He had sent me an enormous box of items with which to save money from PECO.

How many did you use? he asked.

Well, I said, I do have those LED lights and use them now.

There was one of those power strips I already have, but this one controls the television.

I just gave it to Scott who said, I wanted to see how my Ruthie is doing.

Sail on, sail on, Silver Girl.











No comments:

Post a Comment