Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Thank you Rem for the bee-you-ful stamps

 Himalayan pink salt. Ad in the Times Chronical which arrives - plop - in my driveway every Thursday.
Latest view of window sill, which holds my sacred objects and plants.
 Postcard stamps and State of Maine Stamps.

Before Sarah went to college, we drove to Maine and set up a camp site at Arcadia National Park. Ken Burns documentarian calls national parks America's Best Idea.

Buddha is shedding but the Bleeding Hearts in the middle have heard the call of the sun and they arise. Hasta coming up.
I found perfect American Flags in a dumpster on Sleighride Road.

Help yourself... don't mind if I do.
Snowdrops, one of the first wildflowers. Undaunted, they push up thru dead leaves.
Japonica, sweet smelling japonica.
What looked like dead sticks turned into blossoming acubas.
French onion soup. Rem's late wife Valerie loved this soup. I put cinnamon in the soup and an egg for protein.
The lamp on the right is so bee-you-ti-ful I don't need to paint it.

I called up Rem at the post office to thank him for the stamps. He addressed the envelope to
The Incredible Ruth Deming.

See how little ingenuous things can make a person feel GREAT?

Yesterday I drank coffee and was up until 4 am.

Watched loads of great programs.

One was called GENES by Ken Burns. Boy did my ears perk up when it showed how with recombitant DNA they made synthetic insulin.

Billie Jean King was interviewed by Amanpour. She has type 2 diabetes.

Say it isn't true Billie Jean.

What a great lady she is. Remember the tennis match with Bobby Riggs?

Bobby Riggs c1947.jpg
Billie Jean is only 76, two years older than me.

Since I can't post below her pic...  I LOVED playing tennis as a kid. Great motor coordination. Played at the new Byron Junior High courts in Shaker Heights, Ohio.

Mom also loved playing tennis.

My oatmeal, blueberries and pecans are soaking now in the kitchen.

RAIN SHOWERS GIVE WAY TO MOODY WORLD

Quick little showers throughout the day
The world now
glows and glimmers
cars dry off
their sheen makes them
look new.

Last night I listened in bed
as the rain rent through the clouds
How I'd love to go out
and wash my hair
like Sacajawea
nat ur ally.


Billie Jean King says coronavirus is crippling women’s sports. She has a plan to help

No comments:

Post a Comment