Thursday, April 16, 2020

Mom is coming home from the hospital tomorrow

The ambulance will bring Mom home tomorrow. She doesn't feel well at all, but she'll be glad to be home.

Who knows how long she will live?

I spoke with her today. She said about her condition, "This is really serious. Whatever this is, it's written in the book, right?"

"I guess so," I said.

In the old days, we believed that on Yom Kippur your name was written in The Book of Death if you'd die during the year.

As a young child, this terrified me. I went to my dad for comfort.

Hospice folks will be attending her, just as they did my father when he was dying of cancer.

My mother, as far as we can figure, is suffering the effects of Alleve medication.

The girls decided against an endoscopy. She had one when she was younger, but she is no longer young and healthy.

You CAN be old and healthy, but that's not Mom.



Mom getting ready to come to my 70th birthday party at my house.
....

Went to the compost heap and dumped the usual stuff plus a banana skin. With my diabetes I usually don't eat nana-bananas.

How delicious it was!

In the slo cooker I'm making onion potato soup.

....

THIS OLD HOUSE

Old man Travis was young when we bought the house
from him and wife Arlene.

He died from Parkinson's and she's fighting cancer.

It's probably too late now but I want to thank them
for the gift of their house.

Would they recognize it if they stopped by?

Doubtful, though it's still yellow as the afternoon sun
and most of their foliage has been removed by severe
weather or because I did a make-over.

Only one blue hydrangea is left. It struggles to
stay alive in my huge front yard.

A blue hydrangea, which the Lenni Lenape may have
used as a dye for their blankets or a woman's party dress
Blue, such an unusual color in nature.

Mirroring the vast blue sky that never dies.



Long gone. But I do thank the Travis family for their unusually good taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment