Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Sunday - poem for Easter - Mom back n forth to hospital


"Dumb Ass Lying Piece of Shit" - this is what my friend Rem thinks of our president. 



At our writing group at B's condo.

Watched film noir at Scott's.  Great film. He woke me up and said, This is an important part to watch. The ending was a total surprise.

We love that! Dana Andrews, the actor, was suffering from alcoholism, and would be late for filming. Many twists n turns in this excellent film.

Mom is going back and forth to Abington Hospital. Today I emailed Ellen the Power of Attorney
just in case.



Mom, when she was in better shape.

She is back in hospital now, getting a blood transfusion, a safe operation, said Dr Garcia aka Jack the Ripper.

She'll be 98 on August 8. Born in 1922.

Wonder why she's still alive.

Early today, Easter Sunday, Mom took an ambulance to the hospital. They called and said she was
fine so she'll be coming home today.

My sister Lynn wrote, Hope we'll get back soon to visiting her on Sundays.

That would be a miracle!

Even tho she's in terrible pain, she doesn't want to die, I told my daughter Sarah, when I spoke
to her. "Say" - nickname for Sarah - will take a walk along the East River.

I take a walk along the sidewalk leading to the street. C'est ca.

In my true short story, published in Best of Adelaid Review, addressed to the late Stephen Weinstein,
I mentioned my work here on earth is finished.

I do believe that.

Sarah said my email alerts to members of New Directions are important. I wrote about an excellent
film on suicide I watched and suggested our members watch if they wish.

Told them to TALK about suicide - get the thoughts out of your body - and into the air.

Ages ago I was intensely suicidal. My shrink, Larry Schwartz, yanked me off lithium w/o titrating it.

I had The URGE to kill myself. I saved myself by visiting my friend Simon. We'd visit
"fleas" as he called them. Flea markets where he was very popular.

I did love that man.

At 7 pm every night in NYC, when a shift changes, appreciative people stick their heads out the window and bang pots and pans to thank all the medical helpers in these days of the coronavirus.

Thanks for the info, Say.

PANDEMIC. A new word we must incorporate into our vocab.

Am sipping on my black coffee from Israel. Flavorless but somewhat satisfying.

SOUNDSTAGE was a great program I watched on the CREATE Channel last night. Writers were talking about their growth as artists.

Every time I write a short story I am typecast by Rem and Linda as writing ESCAPE stories.

It infuriates me.

Am I growing as a writer?

EASTER

In my teens I fell in love
with Handel's Messiah and
fancied myself a Christian.

While watching a church service
conducted by Billy Graham on our
new color TV Aunt Ethel bought us

Graham asked us to come forward
to accept Christ as our Lord
I stood up, a young woman with
barely any friends, and moved
toward the television.

How I wanted to accept Christ.
In psychology this is called
"transference."

We so identify with the speaker
we'll do anything he or she says.

A Jew forever, believing in nothing,
but the possibility of redemption
by the powers inherent in ourselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment