Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Kidneyversity - April 1, 2011 - Transplant poem

First, let me wish my grandson Max Atticus Deming a Happy 7th Birthday.

Max, lemme tell you SEVEN WAYS you are great.

Helpful
Loving
Playful
Daring
Sharing
Thoughtful
Curious !

Tonight on ZOOM we will celebrate his birthday.

How I remember the old days when we would meet at your house and have a blast!

I rarely babysit, but here's a pic I took



From me blog.

On April 1, Sarah donated her left kidney to me in act of supreme love.

Read about it here. Utterly fascinating!!!




Last night, March 31, we lost electricity for 40 minutes.

Scott came over and we went to his house where he fashioned a bright light. If we wanted, we could read. But we simply lay there and talked.

He also turned on his fireplace in the basement and cracked open windows so we wouldn't die of carbon monoxide poisoning.

My ex-husband's alcoholic father did. So smart but alas alcohol poisoned his system.

Did you hear the timer ring?

My oatmeal is ready.

PRAISE FOR THE TRANSPLANTATION OF ORGANS

Wherever I go you would never know
that stitched into the place where my pocket is
is Sarah's kidney. It's adapted as well as spring plants
popping through the ground. On this glorious spring
day I behold the sky where we cannot see GRAVITY
holding us to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment