Friday, April 3, 2020

Nothing as beautiful as a pear from Harry and David of Medford OR

Here's an email I sent to my sisters (yesterday)

Just spoke to Mom.

Ellen is wearing a mask and Mom can't understand her.

She has no idea if Ellen is home or not.

Ellen had a nice conversation with the folks in back.

Mom and I reminisced. I told her my son Dan and family sent me a gift basket from Harry and David in Medford OR.

Mom remembered that a customer of Dad's when he worked at Majestic in Cleveland - Endeco - and she spelled it for me - would send a box. The cherries were delish.

Now they sent me lots of pears, which I washed with soap and water.

I asked Dan to send Mom photos of himself and his children.

"He has no use for me," she said and she's right.

So he said he would send her pictures.

I have pix of our whole family all around my house.

I thanked her again for buying me my house in 1989. With no mortgage.

She told me to stay well and happy.

Love, Ruth

....

Today, April 3, Ellen writes Mommy has no appetite. 

Is she getting ready to die? I wonder.

Ellen has done a magnificent job caring for her. 

 The crackers are delicious! Munch munch munch. Not to be confused with Edvard Munch, who did that awful painting of despair.

Here's a chipper one he did. He was Norwegian. His most famous painting is THE SCREAM. Hmm, maybe I could write a short story about dat.

I did scream but only once when someone was gonna attack me on the back stairway of Temple University where I was taking classes.




Is there anything more beautiful than a pear?
Smells delicious! Or as we say en francais délicieux.
Washed each precious pair with soap and water, "l'eau" en francais.

Here's my Times Chronical which arrives every Thursday, like clock work.

It brings joy to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment