Thursday, April 2, 2020

Some of us are Going Stir Crazy - I am - but I Do write poems

POEM FOR CAROLE AND GREG AND THE GIRLS

How lucky we are to have the Hodges run our Loved Ones' Group.
Behind their lovely cocoa-colored bodies
and his shaggy beard
lie strong people, strong and intuitive
from their days in the old country where
ships carried them in brutality to our
American shores.

Fleet of foot, curious as a barn yard rabbit
they have roamed the world in another ship
a cruise ship, with the many friends they've
gathered over the years.

Their postcard is on my fridge.

Let the Almighty protect them.
Can you hear Carole's sparkling laughter
Or Gregory's words of wisdom when the desperate
and despairing attend our meetings?

They, too, have suffered from despair
when things beyond their control
rocked their sanguine lives.
How they clung to one another
and to their God
And that is why they are the leaders
of our Loved Ones' group.

....

This morning I ran after the mailman. Dante I was sure it would be. A quiet man, who never says a word other than Have a nice day.

Instead it was Mailman Sean with his bright smile. I had written a postcard for my grandson Max Atticus Deming for his seventh birthday. "Sieto" I wrote on the card.

....

Phone is off hook as I wanna write upstairs.

Hmmm. Shall I drink tea?

I shall go outside first and KISS THE SKY.

BE GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment