Saturday, April 18, 2020

All's Well, Remarqueably, on the Home Front - Plus addendum

Very chilly, sitting here on Red Couch, waiting for my oatmeal to heat up. I pour hot water over the oats, blueberries and pecans.

Sent in my short story DAVID AND CYNDY to our Writing Group, capably reviewed by Rapid Eye Movement, which was the first thing I said to him when I saw him at the PO.

Hmm, did I ever wear a uniform?

Did YOU, your Ladyship?

Today is Saturday, April 18, 2020.

As a kid, I read the awesome book The Saturdays by Elizabeth Engle.

Why look! Your Ladyship's arm is high in the air.

Yestereday, I read Ethan's post on Lee Konitz, dead of coronavirus, at age 92.

I'll tell you something. Since I'm at risk for getting the virus, last night I pretended I could not catch my breath, or breathe.

The ways in which we torture ourselves.

So Mom is okay. She never had as many fans as now, with hospice in tow.

Hold on, gonna see what's going on with the oatmeal.

If I don't come back, you'll know I'm eating it.

Hi I'm back.

We ZOOMED Mom today in her Huntingdon Valley home. Sarah organized it. She came in by train, wearing a mask, and Dan picked her up.

Just ate a fabulous salad while listening to ZOOM.

Just got a phone call from a friend.

We must parcel our strength.

The call can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment