Friday, April 24, 2020

Tribute to Mom from Ethan Iverson

In case you missed it, read the Tribute here.

And view the fantastic photos.

Ethan was visiting us and took a picture of the five generations.

Mailman Dante just arrived.

Hold on while I get the mail and then scrub my hands.

Thank you, Imani and Bob, and Ada and Rich for the sympathy cards.

They are VERY meaningful.

Last night I set a place for one at my kitchen table to feast on the wonderful food from Ben and Irv's.

What? You thought I would feast on this?

I did come down in the wee-wee hours of the night, raided the full fridge, and ate cold salmon and broccoli. The broccoli was scrumptious.

I cannot leave you without a poem.

MOM

Yea, though I walk through the shadow
of darkness, Thou are with me, Mom,
Thy boldness and tenacity
thy strength and caring
comfort me as I walk through
this often wicked world
filled with a virus that
seeks to kill me.

I remain devoted to you, Mom,
your firstborn child.

No comments:

Post a Comment