Monday, June 28, 2021

Cornbread filled with berries - new backless slippers - Horrible heat - shall we quote Dante's Inferno - Sister Amy's Birthday

Luscious cornbread mix. It's filled with berries. And since there is only me, I ate the whole thing in three days. If you refrigerate it, it gets tough. Same with when I used to bake bread. 

Since I didn't have milk I used bone broth. My measurements were wrong. I keep em in my tiny knickknack paddywack drawer, along with rubber bands and twisties. 

Took about an hour to scrub the glass pan clean. Then I dry it in my oven. By pilot light.

Slippers from ZAPPOs. Tried everywhere else and then - bingo - the ZAPPOs image showed up. 
Exquisite blue hydrangeas. At my kitchen sink. Darn, they are wilting already. Kalie is barking across the street. It sounds like she's saying RUTH RUTH RUTH. Her mistress Nancy has colitis but I don't know where she is. Colitis. Good lord, that woman gets everything that comes down the pike. 

 Was up very late. Listened to the radio in my room while I wept. I mean, while I read a book that is due today. A Distant Sun, A Novel of Africa. Erotic parts. About Henry who goes to Africa to set up missionaries. His wife is Emma.

Early this morning I set out walking around the block. The temp felt like, oh, 70. No one was about. I noticed my gait was straighter than usual.

And as I turned the corner, the same woman was backing out of her drive in a red car and nearly ran me over.

...

Wrote a very good poem for Amy who is 65, the youngest one. Donna mentioned she can get Medicare now. 

Bought her gifts from KREMP. Spoke to Augustina. Quelle nom !  675 6500, is that correct? 

Gonna make a salad lunch and then read the Africa book. 


The author.

AUTHOR AUTHOR AUTHOR ARTHUR

No comments:

Post a Comment