Thursday, June 17, 2021

Whew - what a hot day this is! - Poem: A Hot Day Around Here

 Photo of the day from Billy Penn - Philadelphia

I am sipping on my Folger's Decaf my sister Lynn brought me on Visiting Day - where at the penitentiary? - a couple days ago.


Jane Brody phody. 

Am eating my still hot rice and mushrooms and garlic MUSH, which is downright good.

The NY Times Jane E Brody has now declared COFFEE a health food.

Am gonna sit on Scott's park bench and bring a coupla books out with me.

Will wear my sleeveless Picasso shirt as I call it.


A HOT DAY ROUND HERE

The sounds of summer reverberate

Dogs peeking from doorways barking

The unquenchable sun spraying the entire world

And, as far as we know, only one bird, one dog, one spool of cotton thread, one space shuttle

One moon, hit out of the baseball park, and still spinning.


No comments:

Post a Comment