Monday, June 21, 2021

Father's Day - why not celebrate this joyful occasion

 TO OUR WRITING GROUP - Beatriz, Ken, Linda, Barbara, Rem

Relax.

Have a cup of coffee or tea.

Thank the Almighty for his/her blessings.

Look up at the cloudless blue sky and feel humble.

Each and every one of us has a precious gift of writing.

Remember, in the not to distant future, we will all meet again in person.

Love to all, Ruth Z Deming

HEY I SEE BALLOONS UP IN THE AIR 

...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO MY SON DANIEL PAUL DEMING

I knew you as a tiny big-nosed baby born in Abington Hospital
My dad said to the relatives
He looks like he doesn't have a Jewish bone in his body.

My boy grew. Good with the girls, I made sarcastic comments that chased away
the sandwich girl, the manic depressive like his ma, and then he found who he
wanted.

Very much wanted. A lithe and slender woman named Nicole, a former Catholic,
they wed in a fine place in Bensalem, under white pillars - the photos are on my
living room wall

Her father, who made her cry, attended, but later severed his life.
My Dan created the life he wanted. A young boy Max who adores him,
a moody girl, Grace, who trusts him, and a mother, whom he will help
whenever she needs it.

Soar with the sun, my boy, soar and do well in all you do.
AWESOME MAN. 

...

I also wrote a poem about my son/law Ethan. 

FATHER'S DAY POEM FOR ETHAN ANDREW IVERSON

You opened up our world
like the golden sun up in the sky
Whatever forces led you to The Greenwold Family
I praise and celebrate them.

May your journey continue
like a monarch butterfly
soaring to its destination.

Yours is unknown.
Forever unknown.
Faith is ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment