Tuesday, June 22, 2021

My delicious cornbread with fresh berries inside

 Dear Ruth, 


Throughout America, too many children still lack the support and conditions - from health care to adequate nutrition - that they require to grow and flourish.  That is simply unacceptable.

In the 21st century, every child in America should have the freedom to reach their full potential.

It's our solemn obligation to help all families ensure every child has the support they need to grow and thrive.  The promise of opportunity and freedom for America's children must be a top priority.

That's what my Five Freedoms initiative is all about.  It's a detailed plan to secure the blessings of freedom for the children of today and tomorrow.  Those freedoms include the Freedom to be Healthy, Freedom to be Economically Secure, Freedom to Learn, Freedom from Hunger, and Freedom to be Safe from Harm.


Five Freedoms Infograph

I very much agree with State Senator Robert P Casey, Jr. 

.....

t

Streutzel with fresh frozen berries inside.

I was determined to make this today tho I was missing many ingredients.

Followed package directions.

Substituted BONE BROTH for milk. In a tall saucepan I heated up butter and two eggs. BUT the eggs began to cook. STOP.

Added them to an enormous yellow bowl in which I used to mix my bread dough.

This reminded me of my mom so I felt very sad. Turned up the radio.

Now in my long glass pan, I poured in olive oil as I remembered how hard to was to get everything out the last time I made something in there, a mix I had bought at Giant for plain lemon bars. 


My cornbread with berries was a big hit.

Here that, Ma ?

Oh, la coup de grace was adding peanut butter on top of the cornbread for protein.

And that I think will do it for now.

I am drinking very cold water from the rubber udder on my fridge in my DAILY GRIND coffee cup from the Giant.

Ingrid Fisher's funeral is on Friday at Schneider's in Willow Grove. How strange, yet how normal, to write those words.


No comments:

Post a Comment