Sunday, June 20, 2021

Dinner at the Rorer Home, Yesterday

 HAPPY FATHER'S DAY. I just called Dan and said that. I'm very proud of you, I said. 

After watching film noir - Scott slept thru most of it - I was anxious to go to STAPLES to return wrong cartridges.

I drove. I've gotta keep up my driving skills tho Scott went inside. 

We had ordered the WRONG CARTRIDGE.

64 is the kind I need for my HP ENVY PHOTO PRINTER.

We were in luck. FRIENDLY DAVE was on duty and gave us ALL our money back.

Photo at end of blog.

Is this a blog? Or is it an unending story. Or a smorgasbord.

I need to sign a form from BLOOD AND THUNDER authorizing that I wrote the true story ME AND PATTY DUKE. 

While waiting for Scott to emerge from Staples, I walked back and forth, back and forth. Yes, it was hot but not as hot as now!

I looked at my hair in the meer.

What I do is add water to my hair.

It looks MARCELLED. 

What a riot! I actually laffed.

...

The problem with eating at the Rorers - Danny and wife Debbie, Bubby Sherman, Maxine, is that you wait forever for dinner to be served.

No h'ors d'oevres. 

Finally! 

Filet minyon, tender, with roasted onion and red pepper topping, gravy from Maxine, with a big ladel we were forced to use.

Deviled eggs that Dan's late demented mother used to make. We discussed dementia. Couldn't figure out why she got it. Same with Scott's father who suffered for a couple of weeks.

They call him Pop.

The potato salad was good. Purposely not too much mayo was used. How disappointing!

Maxine made a delicious salad with spinach leaves, pecans, and strawberries.

I had cold water to drink.

For dessert we had a delicious cake. I had two pieces.

Very colorful. 

I just capitulated and had one piece of DOVE CHOCOLATE. 





No comments:

Post a Comment