Friday, June 11, 2021

American Girl Dolls - Inca Culture

 It's only a doll, but what a doll she is.

I snatched this doll off the Smithsonian Institute's page. Usually there are few exciting illustrations.

She may be a journalist, I'm not sure.

But for every doll that was made about five years of research went into the making of them. There was a Nez Perce doll - the Trail of Tears - that the native Americans finally gave permission to make.

As a child, I loved my dolls. Madame Alexander was my favorite. But they were snobby looking girls. So you might say I didn't really have a favorite.


But wait a sec. I just remembered STORYBOOK DOLLS.

Shall we take a gander?


I loved those big puffy skirts and blonde hair bc I wasn't a blonde. Oh, later on, I tried being a blonde. Made me look bald. Remember the saying, Blondes have more fun.

So I'm lying in bed, reading and falling asleep.

Shoooot! I thinks. Something is not right.

It's 9 15 pm.

Gotta go downstairs and take my nighttime pills.

Yes, my Tacky, my Pred, my Losartin, and that oval pill whose name reminds me of Jocasta or Joplin.

As I go downstairs I examine Nurse Harriet's Robe I'm wearing.

Tremendously expensive, I can tell. 

The buttons on the cuffs are made of fabric. 


Is it possible to write a true story about this for tomro's writing group?

I've been watching a series of remarkable videos about the Inca and other cultures near Peru.

Find it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9J_ivMwTxc 

The mystery is How did the stones get there? During earthquakes they shook but then went back in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment