Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Up in the middle of the night contemplating my winged ants - Poem: Gamburg's Furniture

 2020 Exterminator Costs | Average Pest Control Prices // HomeGuide

Despairing of falling asleep on Red Couch due to the intruder ants, I went upstairs to my office, once Dan's huge bedroom, and submitted THE VICTOR to Page and Spine. 

The time was 3:15 am. 

Ethan, Sarah and I had visited Dan on our way home from Morris Arboretum, and we all gathered on the front lawn.

Mosquitos had their way with everyone, esp my darling Sarah Lynn.

I am working on my memoirs now. I number and title each chapter.

Am listening to WRTI-FM now. They're still celebrating the 100th b'day of Charlie Parker. 

Chadwick Boseman, who just died of complications of cancer, was FORTY THREE when he died on August 28, 2020. 

It's no use writing if I don't eat a snack.

Cabot Cheddar Cheese and Snyder's Pretzel sticks.

I am so g'dam tired I can't wait to finish me blog and hopefully fall asleep on Red Couch I bought at Gamburg's in Hatboro, PA.

Gamburg's Furniture - Dear Customers, Neighbors and Friends, As of March  21, Gamburg's will be totally closed in compliance to Governor Wolf's  mandate for all non life-sustaining businesses. Unfortunately, this also  means

GAMBURG'S FURNITURE

When you enter

you leave the outside world behind

Worries begone!

The smell of new furniture

new carpeting

assaults your senses

and you begin to dream

in living color.

Yes, when I move to Carolina

where I was born

I'll have a small house

with a glider on the front porch

and a stack of magazines to read.

New Yorkers, perhaps I'll finish an entire issue,

Architectural Digest where the hoi polloi live

but most of all, I will have myself.

Yes. That's me. Relaxing on the front porch

staring at the cloudless blue sky. 



No comments:

Post a Comment