Friday, September 18, 2020

State of the Union Speech - Poem: Mom, if only you were here!

 

Photo above of relief workers at Fire in Oroville, CA. We can donate to help them, thru various organizations like THE RED CROSS.

Just heard the sound of folks walking down my street. Twas a grandmother and her red-headed toddler. 

Good morning, I said.

Am gonna make a library run shortly and return It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood with Tom Hanks. 

Will drink a cuppa tea as I head down Cowbell, Ball, Davisville, Easton -- toot toot goes the SEPTA train.

As usual I sleep on Red Couch - until I have the nerve to sleep in my bedroom - must vacuum the ants off the mattress - and watched some fascinating history films, nodding off here and there.

When what to my wondering eyes did appear - but Trump's STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS.

I sat bolt upright and listened to all 74 minutes of the speech. Maybe only 72 minutes. 

Positively brilliant!

And, no, his visage will not contaminate this blog.

Wrote my daughter Sarah earlier today:

Good morning Sarah Lynn!

Just finished my breakfast - Ralstan Purina with a scoop of peanut butter for protein.

Filled up my pillbox for the week. I ordered a big pillbox on the Net.

Left home at 7 am to walk around the block.

Saw 2 little girls on our street wearing masks who were going to school, driven by their mom.

Queen of Angels.

Was watching TV on my laptop screen last night when the STATE OF THE UNION came on, performed by Trump.

74 minutes long but I wanted to hear every word and all the lies and fake promises he told.

Diz-gusting!

The first round of walkers have already appeared on Cowbell. 

Will drink Tetley decaf Green Tea.

MOM, IF ONLY YOU WERE HERE

You'd just be waking up 
still glad to be alive
though how you moaned
the uselessness of your life
the lack of purpose
you were no good to anyone

The idea was to get you beading
I'll buy the beads for you, I swore,
but no, you were waiting for
this one or that one
to bring them over.

At your age, dearest Mom,
you thought you would live
another day, another month,
another year

Foolish woman that you were.







1 comment:

  1. 2020- What a woeful year. May it teach us many worthwhile lessons to carry us into a better future for all.
    So many terrible losses this year. So many tragic and unnecessary losses..Many to mourn, but many to remember and to inspire us to continue our missions and change the world.

    For me, two special people who touched my life personally and are missed, were Antoinette Bosco and Bernice Greenwold.

    And then John Lewis and Ruth Bader Ginsberg-
    May all rest in peace and may their memories be blessings. May what they each stood for and gave to the world never die.


    Iris Arenson-Fuller, PCC,
    Certified Professional Coach

    ReplyDelete