Monday, September 28, 2020

Yom Kippur - Poem for Yom Kippur

 Was out early this morning. 

Saw a super-cute dog.

He was a mini-labradoodle.

A ball of energy!


Ran into Bob Sanders, who came down his sloped driveway to say hello. I put up my hand and he said, I know, I know, I'm giving you safe distance. 

He enjoys his job in demolition. Didn't ask why he didn't have work today.

Yom Kippur?

I told him I was Jewish and this was a day of atonement. 

He liked that idea and said as I was leaving, Bye, Baby.

My old Kenmore washing machine is having a bath with vinegar, very old vinegar, which stinks!

Didn't sleep in my bedroom bc I discovered a huge cache of winged ants I've gotta get rid of today.

They're on the window sill to the extreme left.

I'd brought up a stack of books and the The Atlantic, of no clique or party are they.



POEM FOR YOM KIPPUR

Almighty, protect me from the

world destroyers, in my own house

ants and termites, in the world beyond

our own president, who learned to bully

at his military academy. I will do my best

on this somber day and pray my supplication

reaches you.


As children, we attended Temple on the Heights, B'nai Jeshurun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment