Thursday, September 10, 2020

Many survivors of Covid 19 have terrible side effects - The problems with my ants have only begun - Oh no! I have termites!

 Am wearing my blue mask since Gordon Washburn of Old Glory Pest Control was here this morning.

The news is not good.

First, though, let's listen to what WHYY-FM is telling us about those who have had the Covid virus.

View SURVIVOR CORE

100,000 people have lived through the coronavirus. Average age is 44 yrs, as is the woman in the interview.

Younger people are also affected.

Everyone is a candidate!

The so-called experts have no idea of the reach of this disease. 

There are now 98 symptoms. It's a vascular disease, which means, affecting the arteries and veins.

Symptoms are horrific.

Migraine – Penn Medicine

Migraines, where you lie in bed all day, shunning the light.

When I was on lithium, I used to get cluster headaches. 

Would awake in middle of night, take Excedrin and Tylenol and put heating pad on my chest.

...

This morning, Thursday, September 10, 2020, I went outside to see if the mail had come.

Winged ants had swarmed my mailbox!

Swarm of ants Stock Photo - Alamy

Quickly, I reached inside and grabbed a card I had written to Freda Samuels, who is recovering from what we think is a stroke, and put it in neighbor Scott's mailbox.

I did sweep up the ants and dumped them in my bird bath.

Then replaced the bird bath with clean water.

...

Okay, Gordon, give it to us straight. No chaser.

He came out while I was making an egg omelet and killing ants in the sink.

Soufflé Omelette With Cheese Recipe | Serious Eats

Of course you feel guilty killing the ants but what's a girl to do?

Gordon made a thorough search of my house and discovered TERMITES in the basement.

He opened the door in the laundry room and showed me their tunnels/tubes.

They were the color of mud.

Note: Not for the faint-hearted

Are Termites Common In The Portland and Vancouver Area? | New Leaf Pest  Control


Now, when I first moved in here in 1990, the Travis Family did have insurance for termites.

But I thought we had gotten rid of them!

Mom, where ARE you to discuss this with.

She definitely would have remembered!

GORDON WASHBURN will start treatment this Sunday at 9:30 am.

TERMIDOR, he said, is the best thing to use against termites.

...

Earlier this morning I discussed all this with my sister Lynn.

She was a good listener.

She was finishing up her walk, as was I.

...

Total price is $901. 

No comments:

Post a Comment