Saturday, September 26, 2020

Starting off the day with a good movie - Poem: Rain

 Woke up to a rainy day.

Looked out the back window and sure enuf, there he was.

A large deer with antlers.


Brushed my teeth with the awful Baking Soda Toothpaste and then dressed for my walk.

Rain hat, snug grey trousers, Chico's sweatshirt and sneakers.

Yelled G morning to Lee and her  two white Pyranees dogs.

Filled my pill box - totally empty - and then slugged down my meds n vitamins (the most difficult) and prepared oatmeal.

This time the oat flakes were large as teardrops. 

Rested the hot cereal on the fan in living room as I finished up an excellent movie THE CONSPIRATOR produced by Robert Redford about the assassination of President Lincoln.

Very sensitively it showed the hangings of the guilty, including one Mary Surrat.

Her role was played by Robin Wright.


Will heat up the coffee Iris sent me yesterday and go upstairs to work on my short story, due at 2:30 pm. Yesterday Beatriz and I practiced Zooming but I was unable to do it.

I surprised myself at how good I could walk this morning with my bad leg - Scott says to put ice on it - which I haven't done yet.

Also last night I fell asleep to an excellent film called SHELTER, about drug addiction, love and the plight of the homeless.

Great acting and one of the best films about addiction I've watched. It reminded me of Panic in Needle Park by Joan Didion.

RAIN

The sound, as I stand at open front door,

is lovely, soothing, as it falls, with syncopated

thunder that would frighten dogs, and myself

as a child, but now I love the humanity of it

the democracy, no one will die, except

the worms, who crawl out of their flooded

homes and lie solemn and beautiful

awaiting death. 



No comments:

Post a Comment