Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Long-awaited visit to Morris Arboretum, one of Philadelphia's greatest gifts! - Poem about Ants

Ruth D and Mary Creamer stand above the springhouse. Once these were used to keep foods cold, like churned butter, milk and cheese. 
Lovely interplay of colors. 
Even tho the tree fell in one of the bad downpours, it doesn't lack for purpose. 
Roly-poly sculpture. 
Let's take a look at the swans. They were terrified, said Mary, after the rain.
If God could create ducks, the Almighty could create anything!
Ooh ooh ooh, don't fall in. 
As Mary noticed, the swan on our right, keeps one of her legs at the ready in case she has to protect herself and her partner.
I sent Tony and Mary Creamer a thank you for the great day. Included a poem I had written for the occasion. Plus 2 pumpkin spice tea bags from Harney and Sons.
Sarah Lynn Deming in her Army fatigues, with Mary. Aren't you proud of me, I asked Sarah, for tromping along and keeping pace. Pretty much. 
Thank you Lucile K Roland. I salute you with my fab coffee - Michael's Brownie Coffee - which Coach Iris bought me a couple of years ago.

THEEEE BEST COFFEE, evah!
Have fun and don't get lost, like in the movie, Children of the Corn. 
Howdy - Doody?
Inside the tree, I peeked out the window and there was Mary!

Well, I just lost a couple of pix, so I'll make this quick. Still, lemme sip on dat coffee!
Exquisite trumpet blossoms play Handel's Water Music. 
Fuzzy wuzzys. 
Coleus. I used to have these all over my garden, as did the late Judy Diaz. 
Ouch, you beauty you!
How would we describe wearing a mask for a couple of hours? Different, for sure, and a challenge. 
Specially made trucks for carrying tools of every sort. 
Rose garden. We each put our proboscis inside and rose and breathed. Ahhhh!
Cleome! This was the first seeds I ever planted back in Shaker Heights. They came up and I was thrilled! My friend Ada grows them, too. 
Look at these WHIRLS on the tree. Lovely but they have rough edges. 
TRAINS.... yay!


Awww. Workmen. Be careful and don't let the train smash you. Ask me some time about Scott's experience when he first started working at SEPTA.   




Metal sculptures, I believe.

Mary, indicating how large they are.
A Black couple on left. 
Belgian stone. 
Sarah said this is the type of art Ethan likes. 

Mary Creamer relaxes in this gorgeous portrait, which could've been painted by - Singer Sergeant? Mary Cassatt? 
Bird bath, so dear to my heart. 

This is at the Creamers' residence, where we began our day. 

Sheffaleria, quite old. 
Proud kitty-kat, presented a mouse to his lord and lady. 

Below is the truck of OLD GLORY pest control who sprayed in every spot of my house and outside, too.

POEM ABOUT ANTS

When I learned ants had invaded my house
my first thought was, What would Mommy say?
She always had an answer for everything.
Who will be my Mommy now?
We know the answer.
The mother who dwells inside and always will. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment