Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Eating at Manhattan Bagel in Willow Grove - Ilya still owns it - My car filled with books

 Today I MUST return my library books. 

My car, parked in my driveway, would not start.

O c'mon, ole girl, for crying out loud!

Finally it did. First I went for a ride around the block, where earlier today I had walked to make sure it wouldn't conk out on me.

I felt so PROUD driving a car.


This in fact is what my car looks like, tho the pic is from the Internet.

With my mask of the red death on - oh, that's a short story by Poe - I returned my books, audio books, and dvds into the book drop.

Galumph!!!

AND picked up new books including


This had been on my waiting list for months.

I cannot WAIT to read my books and will go out on my back porch where the light streams in and read.

First though I have an important phone call to make.

At Blah Blah Blah, my voice is my password.

Driving home with all those exciting books, I pulled into the driveway of Manhattan Bagel.

Got a delicious croissant with chicken salad on it plus curly lettuce, tomatoes and other items.

Ate it at table, taking my blue mask on and off.

The instant I came home I injected 12 units, tho my blood sugar was only 280. Not bad.

At the library, I said to Dorothy, Oh, I love being in the library.

I said hello to Alex, the children's library, to Katie, who was not really Katie, and Eileen, who ran our Book Group.

She helped me find the short story collections.

SO HAPPY TO MAKE YOUR AQUAINTANCE

In the back seat, a blue book bag held

five new books. On this sunny day with big white fluffy clouds

I shall take you from the bag, on my new back porch, with windows

all around, stroke your smooth shiny covers,

fan your pages and sniff, like used cake pans.

Will I like you? You of course will like me

and hope I will choose you for my own. 

The blue jays squawk from the front yard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment