Monday, September 7, 2020

Happy Labor Day 2020 - Sitting outside on Scott's park bench - Poem: Fear of Coronavirus

HAPPY LABOR DAY, 2020.

Interested in a history of Labor Day.

Click above and be surprised! 

Slept on Red Couch since bedroom still full of ants. Yes yes I'll go in and spray them dead. 

For breakfast I had 2 bowls of Lynn's turkey linguine and the last of her salmon croquettes.

Homemade & Easy Salmon Croquettes | I Heart Recipes

Was watching various videos including the excellent THE PALLISERS with the delightful Susan Hampshire, now 83, and the late Phillip Latham. 

The Pallisers - Trollope Society

Despite my intense lethargy, I walked around the block in the heat.

Oh, you'll make it, I kept reassuring myself.

Pictured myself lying dead on the sidewalk in my lovely orange dress.

Returned home and got ready to read on Scott's park bench.

Drank delightful Lavender Tea, since I couldn't find where I put the Ginger Tea. 

Tucked MR NOBODY under my arm and off I went, right next door. 

Altho I'm on page 200, I started the book all over again since I never can remember what's going on.

Mr. Nobody: A Novel (Random House Large Print)

The neighborhood was quiet on this Monday, Labor Day, 2020.

The birds in Scott's birdfeeeders were very busy. Occasionally I thought one was diving toward me so I lurched forward on bench, making sure not to disturb my blue cup of tea.

Image result for blue coffee mugs

Why is coffee cup so attractive?

It's sister Donna's.

The Greenwold Girls - Ruth Donna Ellen Lynn and Amy are discussing having ROSH HASHONAH dinner together, except for Amy who lives in Seattle.

I suggested they come to my house since I have a big green back yard.

So, when I got up from the bench, the heat was blasting. One of the videos I watched all night was about new discoveries made in the galaxy.

The galaxy is always changing.

Can you view this? 

Yeah, but I mean pictures!

The flashes below are driving me crazy!!!

My story THE VICTOR will finally be published in Scarlet Leaf Review.

That's the one about my cousin Donny Garber, who married Liz. She's the only family member alive but she doesn't know a thing.

Living with relatives in Wheeling, West VA, stuck in the wheel of Alzheimer's disease.

What would YOU DO if you got it?

Remington is feeling much better. We thought praps he had the covid. He slept a lot and today is going to the grocery store to stock up on lo sodium supplies.

Me? I just ate 3 bowls of Snyder's salted pretzels.

FEAR OF CORONAVIRUS

The fear and anxiety

those inner terrors that

when they hit 

pound us like a tsunami

are like watching

a Stephen King horror flick.

But when the disease does hit us

the agony was worth fearing

we may be awake

we may be in a dream state

dead, like a mallard stopped his quacking. 

Bury me in a nearby

Jewish cemetery.

On the headstone place

Once she was alive

A real bird woman. 

Soaring Eastern Bluebird – The Guilded Needle



No comments:

Post a Comment