Friday, September 25, 2020

Sitting on my new back porch and reading - Poem: Clean-up

Fran Hazam and I discussed via email the need to have a funeral for Mark A Davis, a powerful presence in the field of gay rights. 

For unknown reasons, many people didn't find out about it. 

He was a great man.



Here is Mark with Fran Hazam

Fran, a leader in the DBSA, connects many groups together.

...

It was terribly hot on my new back porch.

I'd brought 3 things outside to read, including the new Atlantic, Peter Orner's MAGGIE BROWN AND OTHER SHORT STORIES, and REVENGE - 11 Dark Tales by Yoko Ogawa. 

Read the Ogawa book the entire time.

How clever that woman is. She loves to kill! And why not? It's her forte.


Brought out my new coffee - Red Velvet Cupcake - which I received this morning from Coach Iris.

View her website here

Great info. One of our members asked for a coach to help his son and one of the people I suggested was Iris.

My goal for today - and it's already 4:16 pm, is to clean up my messy living room.

It's scattered with pieces of mail. 

Will put on rousing music - is that Greg Whiteside on WRTI-FM - and will get the job done.

He has a warm mellow voice.

CLEAN-UP

Should I have a strategy?

Yes, tiptoe about the living room

Pile everything together

Shuffle like a pack of cards

Joker and Ace of Spades

Once Gramma Lily and friends

played canasta at home

and the smell of coffee and kuchen

permeated our house.

Gert Gombassy is gone. So is Cel Shenkel. 

Gramma Lily died in an old age home of dementia, goddammit!

And Mom left us at 97

Where are they all now?



No comments:

Post a Comment