Sunday, September 27, 2020

A Little of This and That - Poem: A Good Man Has Died

 

Nothing is better than watching Eddie Muller on Sunday morning FILM NOIR on TCM.com.

"They Won't Believe me" is the title of this morning's film.

I fell asleep 2 minutes after it began.

Had woken up early and walked around the hilly neighborhood.

No one was about. 

Ate an enormous bowl of Oatmeal with peanut butter for protein and half a dozen frozen berries which were delicious.

Let's imagine, tho, where I might have eaten them, instead of at my laptop reading emails.

How about in a meadow?



Above picture is from my blog WHEN my camera worked.

Wanna send an email alert of the death of Henry van Ameringen, a gay philanthropist, who fought for the rights of the LGTQ community.

New Directions had received two grants from them as they also fund mental health.

I remember a woman named Eleonor Sypher said she'd like to meet us one day.

They hailed from New York.

Read about him here.


What a handsome man, and modest, too, the article said.

A GOOD MAN HAS DIED

For 90 years this man was alive and roamed our world

those who knew him hung out with him, joked with him,

laughed with him, wrung their hands with him, until the time came

when death called.

It wasn't easy being gay back then, but he was brave as 

a mighty oak on the forest floor, whose acorns drop

today as tears.



After I awoke, I wrote down my goals.

The first was the hardest.

GET BEDROOM READY TO SLEEP IN.

With my purple Dust-Vac I vacuumed the winged ants that were still left on the bed.

Then I spread the sheets out and the pillowcases.

Terribly hard work but I did finish.


Am gonna take some books and read on my back porch.

When life is good, it's stupendous!

No comments:

Post a Comment