Saturday, September 5, 2020

Rosh Hashonah is coming up - Poem: My dainty coffee cup

 Walked around the block this morning at 8:40 am, shading my eyes from the sun. 

Called my sister Donna and we discussed several things, including

Maternity Bikini Panties (3 Pack) – Motherhood Maternity

Motherhood Panties AND

Rosh Hashonah, which occurs on Sunday, September 29, 2020.

Donna said we should meet at Mommy's house and convinced me.

Sent a note to the Greenwold Girls.

First, though, I consulted her about what coffee I should drink this morning as I must write a short story by 2:30 pm.

Maxwell House.

Am drinking it in a dainty mug given to me by Sue Abernethy. Am not in touch with her anymore.

Lemme give you some advice.

A woman from New Directions is trying to get in touch with me. I had no idea what she was talking about and she keeps writing.

I ignore her. 

Other things are more important, like contacting a very fragile woman. I left her a cheerful message.

She swims laps and loves it.

Moi aussi. 

Also sent her a cheerful card.

All we can do is TRY OUR BEST.

POEM: MY DAINTY COFFEE CUP

Blessed is the Man Who Fears the Lord,

says Melissa Phillips of WRTI-FM

The Lord? The Lord?

We can pretend he exists if we don't really believe it

But as Dad used to say, when he was alive,

Life is a mystery, and he thanked God for excising

his lung tumor but died anyway, from one in his

brain. 

Life is tragic. Life is comic.

Live to the fullest each and every day

I do, as I take tiny sips of this luscious

Maxwell House Coffee. 

Maxwell House Original Roast Ground Coffee, Caffeinated Original Roast - 11.5 oz




No comments:

Post a Comment