Monday, September 14, 2020

Visit to The Creamers - Old Glory Pest Control arrives on Sunday, at 9:30 am


Last week we visited the Creamers' house in Chestnut Hill. This is an old shefflera tree Mary's had for more than a dozen years 

Today, Monday, I sat on Scott's bench with a bowl of pretzels n peanuts and continued reading the short story book by Peter Orner called Maggie Brown and Others.

Often I would guffaw.

Maggie Brown & Others: Stories

Early Sunday morning, Sept 13, 2020, I went for my walk around the block, then pulled my car out of the driveway, so Gordon and  his buddy Mike could do their pest control work.

They go all around the house and onto the back porch and drill holes, spray the toxins inside, and then return to close up the holes.

Hopefully the termites, winged ants in the bedroom, and ants in the kitchen, will be gone.

Words cannot describe how upset I was. 
I always wore my blue mask around them. 

As a kid, I watched the 1954 film THE NAKED JUNGLE with Eleanor Powell and Charlton Heston. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment