Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Dr "Tony" Fauci is a true hero - Comment from Mailman Dante = Poem: Here Comes the Procession

 Dr Anthony C Fauci is a true hero in the United States. 

From Paul Krugman's Opinion piece in the Times, 9-22-2020.

So we have Donald Trump demanding “patriotic education” and denouncing The Times’s 1619 Project, because it’s politically incorrect to admit the role slavery played in our nation’s history. You have the Justice Department announcing an investigation of racism at Princeton that is obviously intended to punish the school for admitting the obvious point that there was racism in its past.

...

Ran after Mailman Dante with a letter to my mother/law, Natalie Sherman.

As I handed him the letter I asked him, Aren't you afraid of getting the coronavirus?

No, he said, there's nothing you can do to prevent it. Eventually even the healthiest person will get it.

Is he right?

Here I am, sitting on Red Couch, sneezing a time or two, but not worrying about much except getting my voter registration in on time.

...

While reading PANDEMIC by Robin Cook - it's very exciting - I remembered where I left my reading glasses. I'd exercised on the bed on the downstairs level and placed the glasses on the nearby bar.

Yes, this house came with a bar when I moved here on December 1, 1990.

...

HERE COMES THE PROCESSION

They drive by quickly in their vehicles

Where are they headed?

Where do they come from?

Slow down, for chrissakes, you might run over a child

Long white legs stride around the corner

A tossed-off shirt round her waist

If only Mom could sit beside me 

and we'd tsk-tsk together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment