Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Walk around the block - Poem: An Ordinary Day

 Interesting story in the Times. We are losing our social skills since we can't circulate the way we used to do.

On my morning walk a white-haired woman passed me by. We said our hellos and how are yous. I wanted to mention the Times article but she seemed so determined, I kept quiet.

A huge black truck had a decal I STAND WITH TRUMP. 

First I saw around here. In Mom's neighborhood, there are many Trump signs.

I left home after eating my Uncle Ben's Rice with onions, garlic, and added cheddar cheese. 

Now I've made a cuppa Pumpkin Spice Coffee as I wanna continue writing. 

Gunned the engine on my car, across from my house in case the construction crew arrives today.

So I ordered a new mailbox on Amazon.

They are sending me TWO by mistake.

When the next package arrives, I will refuse it.

Tonight New Directions will zoom.

I always screw up.

Shhh, What looks like an Amazon van is across the street.

A cool breeze floats inside. 

Nope. He turned the corner.

Little Jack Horner sat in the corner

eating his pumpkin pie. And then what?

from ETSY.

POEM AN ORDINARY DAY

Seventy four degrees in our neighborhood

In a moment I will sit on my new back porch

and contemplate the eternal verities

choose a book or three to read

and marvel at what pops up in my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment