Monday, September 14, 2020

The Fading Days of Summer (poem)

 The great GOLLIWOG'S CAKEWALK by Debussy - 1908 - is on WRTI-FM now.

Methinks I used to play some of it.

Walked round hilly block at 6:45 am. Wore my newly hand-washed dark blue dress. 

Went the long way as I have nuffin to do all day.

I did get permish to write a piece for The Times Chronicle on How I'm Surviving the Coronavirus. 

When I was on my walk, couldn't help but notice the unfriendliness of other walkers.

Decided to introduce myself. 

Met W, who has a dog named Bori, who was very frisky.

Wrote my sister Amy today. The note is in the mailbox, along with a $5 check to Wikimedia Foundation. As I've said before, I'm the most generous poor person you've ever met.

Spent $190 for termite control. Put all my termite shtuff in the top drawer of my secretariat from Aunt Marion.

Library History Timeline / Marian the Librarian

Marion the librarian and Robert Preston, the con man-turned straight man. This would never make a good film noir.

Am cleaning up my living room.

All the greeting cards are in their new home on a speaker, where they do a balancing act. No, I am not gonna show a picture of a seal, tho that was in Amy's greeting card. Lynn said it was from the Now n Then Shop.

How we love to recycle.

Matter is neither created nor destroyed.

We are all made from stars.

Various Artists - The Greatest Showman - Amazon.com Music

Was thinking of a much older show with Betty Hutton and Cornell Wilde.

Cornel Wilde - Wikipedia

Wiki knows all, which is why I send them a check every year.

Amazon.com : [Peter Orner] Maggie Brown & Others: Stories (Hardcover)  【2019】… : Office Products

A stunning book that stuns me with its originality.

Excuse-moi while I run downstairs to see if the mail's come.

Am drinking Bigelow's Plantation Mint.

AND last night at Scott's I watched the great film, The Black Stallion.

Read about Kelly Reno, the boy who starred in the film.

Ironic!

THE FADING DAYS OF SUMMER

Just as Mom faded away after 97 years

of inhabiting the earth, so I notice leaves

on trees, falling like old faces and old breasts

all in the endless cycle of life.

Still, I'd rather be here, as Mom would have,

with infirmities to pleasure us. 

...

So long Ma!

Greenwold





No comments:

Post a Comment