Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Toni Morrison - Arcana - Poem: Patrick's Tree

Were you worried about me?

I'm back.

Went for a 6:15 am walk around the neighborhood. First tho I saw the  bird bath lacked wawa, so I came inside and refilled it.

When I got home I grabbed my clippers and traveled around the yard clipping the multitude of weeds.

So many. So many.

Got a nasty gash in my left arm and tried to staunch it with a Band-Aid, but it wouldn't open up.

Look, it's only 8 minutes to 7 am.

Gonna eat my oatmeal shortly. Already inject 12 units, the max.

When I got home from Scott's last night - he's on a one-week vacation - I watched the entire 2 hour American Masters presentation on Toni Morrison.

It's only available online for a week or so.

Sent it to New Directions, my support group. I gotta figure out how to keep us all together.

Here's a Morrison video from 1990 you can watch.

She was a physically beautiful woman.




My late friend Elaine Restifo whose funeral I attended at St Philips Chapel in Lambertville NJ
would tell people she was half-black.

Elaine wasn't all that old.

Here's her funeral on me blog.

Morrison was 88.

When I woke up this morning I felt very close to Dad.

Hey Dad, I said. Thanks to you and Mommy for buying me this house.

Birds outside seem to be dive-bombing my house.

PATRICK'S TREE

EE YOY EE YOY
OH OH NOOOOO

PSHOY  PSHOY

Bump Thump Pound Ground
Pound Ground





No comments:

Post a Comment