Thursday, June 25, 2020

My car is not inspected yet - cleaning off the outside of the car - Poem: Driving

Just in case you haven't read my latest short story Mailman Rachel, you can read it here. Courtesy of Mad Swirl.

Talked to my friend Helene, briefly. She was soooo   t i r e d  she could barely hold on to the phone. Still, we talked 18 minutes. She didn't wanna hang up. Can't blame her, living in an assisted living facility.



Here's Helene back at home on Bauman Drive in Maple Glen PA.

Can't remember the zip code.

She painted her cupboards gray.

Those were the days.

...

Scott drove his mom to the doctor this morning. She never learned to drive. Her late husband Dave did and had many an accident. He drove too fast.

At his age, in his early 80s, he probly didn't realize he couldn't drive fast any more.

Natalie had two huge bags of books for me.

Great books!

Where shall I put them? Scott said while he waited for his mom he got a lotta reading done, plus he got a sun tan.

...

Walked around the block at 6:30 am. I'd wet....

the bed?
my hair?

so I kept cool. I do not walk under trees as something might fall on my hair that might eat me up.



Venus fly trap.

What's her damn zip code?

Made three trips to Mailman Sean.

One on foot, jogging uphill, and two in my car.

The expiration date of getting it inspected reads June.

Mailed in a document yesterday which should allow me to get it inspected.

I DO need to drive so I don't forget how to.

In my car - the expiration date reads June - I had tax documents.

DRIVING

It's been a week since I've driven.
The covid and pandemic are upon us.
Only essential persona are allowed to drive.

Where has the mail truck gone?
Such a happy sight it's always been for me.
It's right up ahead

Go go go and catch it like a high fly ball in the outfield.

Check out Marilyn Chin poet.

Watched her last night on PBS.

My premise is that by reading great poets, I will improve and try new things.

And that includes Billy Collins and Chris Bursk.

Finished a big bowl of Bean Soup with an egg added for protein.

My dessert?

A clean white bowl with Snyder's Pretzels.



My phone is ringing right now.

Who would I like it to be?

Grace Deming, but she would never call me.



No comments:

Post a Comment