Sunday, June 28, 2020

Happy Birthday Amy - Pressing flowers - The Lady from Shanghai

June 29.

I'll never forget the day.

Our youngest sister Amy was born.

Here's a poem my sister Lynn wrote

A    Amy
M   My only 
Y    Younger sister
G    Glad our
R    Relationship is
E    Enjoyable and
E    Everlasting ❤️
N    Now I
W   Wish you an
O   Outstanding
L    Life filled with
D   Dazzle

❤️ Love Lynn❤️


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY

Once in love with Amy
is to always be in love
with Amy. Friendships
she has all across the
globe. Wisdom from the
physicians she works with.
If Mom were here and she's 
been gone nearly two months
she would raise a mighty cheer:
May all your dreams come true
and let your body stay toned
You beautiful woman, you!

Love, Ruth Zali Deming

...

Woke up super early today. Before I could stop myself I walked around the hilly neighborhood

Only the birds were out.


At my house, I found the things I would need


blue hydrangea petals
wheat-like spikes from the garden under the bird houses
plumes from Scott's Japanese maple tree
and a lovely white bloom from a flower that stinks to high heaven

Then I fashioned a collage on Scotch packing tape.


I stuck the leftover flora in a pottery jar on the window sill in the kitchen,
made by my niece Melissa.







I was late for film noir. 


Hopped in bed with sleeping Scott.


THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI was on

"I've never seen such a beautiful face," I said. "Who is that woman?"




RITA HAYWORTH.


What a life! A great dancer, she was sexually abused by her father.



Read more about her here.


Hayworth-Gilda-1946-Color.jpg

Hayworth born in 1918, died in 1987 of complications of Alzheimer's disease.

...

My own dear Sarah Lynn Deming called me.

Quickly I called her back.

She was walking from the farmer's market with her groceries, including oysters.

She was wearing a MASK.


Ethan often goes walking early in the morning.

One must!


They're invited out to dinner tonight, hence the oysters.

My late friend Ronald Abrams made a delicious oyster stew.

See that Ronald B Abrams?

You're a hard man to forget. 











No comments:

Post a Comment