Thursday, June 18, 2020

Photos of Deer - and other fascinating items - Poem: My Future







I was so excited to take these photos of deer, after a frantic search for my pink camera.

They were in Nancy's yard across the street and I just kept shooting until they disappeared in Scott's back yard.

The blurry photo at the end is a ROBIN who was sitting on my porch step but then flew over to the chickadee's nest to pester them.

What a lazy day I had. Watched Kessler, a Nazi killer on YouTube, made by British TV.

Started watching - recommended for you, Ruth - Marcella - but it was uber violent, so forget that.

What's really good is Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan. It serves everyone, drug addicts, the homeless, folks with brain tumors, a female cop who was shot by a bullet 12 yrs ago but it had moved in her brain - yes, her brain - so the neurosurgeon had to figure out how to remove it.

Tho the viewer saw everything, it was not in the least bit sickening. Dad died of an inoperable brain tumor in 1980.






Here's the cast/

Lenox Hill Poster

Did you know I wanted to be a doctor?

My Uncle Marvin had a Time mag with heart surgeons on the cover.

Long ago before deBakey came on the scene.




MY FUTURE

Never did I think I'd get old
get manic depression
lose a kidney from taking lithium
have children and grandchildren
to perpetuate my race.

Now during the pandemic
I stay close to home
sweeping off the stairs
of the deck and tottering
in my worn out clogs
toss them in the deep woods
behind the rusting shed

and run for my life from the heat
and aching back.

Complain? A hot shower
fixed me up and I'm as
beautiful and new
as a newborn fawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment