Sunday, June 7, 2020

No electricity - Part 1 - Poem: A Cold Drink of Water



Figured I'd be on the phone for hours when those forceful winds knocked down power lines. The female voice said It would be back on by 2:10 pm today, June 7, 2020.

Took a seat on Scott's bench where I continued reading THE LAST BOY by Janet Leavy. We learn about the miners in Oklahoma and all the deaths that occurred and were indeed expected.

Scott went to his friend Mike Kramer's party. This is where the new puppy Buddy had put my ear in his mouth.

Who would be there? Young Cole who is a good dad to little Chuckie. I don't wanna be his pal. I'm his dad. He and his GF get along fine.

Betty, the mother/law had a problem where she choked on food. Scott knew exactly what to do since he had had the same problem with broccoli.

Tiny sips of water, he advised.

Scott brought me home loads of goodies from the party. I finished two ribs - wow! - as the Kramers bought a new BBQ smoker.

Zat's it for now.

I finished watching RECTIFY but most of it was repeats. Luckily Daniel Holden was exonerated.

My snack: Snyder of Hanover Pretzel Sticks.


Aden Young
Image courtesy of vipfaq.com
vipfaq.com
  • Aden Young. Aden Young (born November 30, 1971) is a Canadian-Australian actor. He is best known for his portrayal of Daniel Holden in the SundanceTV drama Rectify, for which he was twice nominated for the Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series .
A COLD DRINK OF WATER

I select a tall clear glass

and fill to the brim
with cold running water
straight from the tap

Could anyone be luckier

than me?

What in the name of the Almighty

have I done to deserve this honor?

No comments:

Post a Comment