Monday, June 1, 2020

Spring jumps quickly into Summer, June 1, 2020 - Poem: I Can't Breathe


Purple lilacs in my front yard.

PECO man fixing wire.


 Truck says Keep a safe distance.
 White azalea tree which was here when I moved in in 1989.
 White fence of Bill Adams Family next door. They're getting their pool ready.
This bush came back from last year. Blue. Exquisite!
 First of poppies. Two more bloomed since then. A huge orange puff, waiting for my caress.
The orange azalea, a gift from The Adams Family, is thriving in its new home.

When my jungle-long grass gets cut, it shore looks purty.
 Maxwell House coffee in my Chemex container.
 The sweet aroma of the peony.
 What could be better than a chopped liver sandwich from Ben and Irv's. Thanks, Ellen, for bringing it over.
In my ancient crock pot I made a baked apple, with butter and almond milk.

Not a mention on this blog of the rioting in our nation due to George Floyd's death by suffocation.

I CAN'T BREATHE

I lay in the street, a grown man, who did nothin wrong,
A white cop, got me in a choke hold, like he Rocky Marciano
waiting for the bell, when the damn bell went off.
me, a 48-year-old man, who did nothing wrong,
was dead as a slave, whupped to death.



No comments:

Post a Comment