Monday, June 22, 2020

Awoken by Male Voices in my Office - Poem: Oatmeal



Who could it be? I thought.

Possibly Scott had let himself in, which is not unusual, and was talking with our guy Walmsley, about difficulties Scott was having.

It was the Schecter rabbi discoursing with a Catholic priest and saying of course we have the Buddhists to thank for awareness of consciousness.

Let's see if my oatmeal is ready to serve.

Went on a very early walk wearing shorts I had bought at Macy's a couple of years ago. Lilac in color and I wore a short sleeve shirt that matched.

My sox hadn't dried yet so I put on wet sox and stuffed my feet inside, pshew pshew, and made a bold escape out of the house before hesitation won the game.

Ah, here's the Zalman link I mailed from my upstairs office onto this here blog.

Click here.

OATMEAL

Gloppy.
Gluey.
Mushy.
Rescued by
blueberries
peanut butter
and a favorite spoon
once part of a factory
from Ching chang China.

No comments:

Post a Comment