Monday, June 29, 2020

How I Prepared for my walk

Must have been close to 90 degrees when I walked.

Doused my head with water.

Walked down my street and made a right onto difficult Sleighride Road.

Hilly, as I walked in my sensible shoes, oy veh!

Eagles Lair Landscaping was there.




I knew that when I got home, music would greet me. Classical on WRTI-FM.

Oh, I suppose I should drink a glass of water.

Before I left three insistent phone calls rang.

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM.


SHINY RED CAR

Nearly home, I waved at young Patrick mowing
then glanced at the shiny red car on the corner,
Mazda, made mostly in Japan
imagined sitting inside and eating a picnic lunch
corned beef on rye
dill pickle from the barrel
cole slaw & potato salad
and then lying down
for my afternoon nap.




No comments:

Post a Comment