Sunday, June 7, 2020

No electricity - Part 2

The question is actually: How to spend your days with no electricity.

Neighbor Patrick gave me loads of ice which I put in Scott's large cooler in my kitchen.

All the food was saved and is now in its usual home, my huge 2-door Maytag. Opened the door, the light went on and all was well with the world.

Yeah? Well, for now.

I went for many walks around the block, making sure not to walk under any trees as insects can fall onto your body.

Finished the book TESTIMONY by Scott Turow. The beginning was fantastic, after that, the pace changed and the ending was positively awful.

I think I've wrin about this before.



It's an exercise in frustration, anger and patience.

The heat was horrific.

Shall we?

MY HOUSE IN EXTREMIS

Every thing I love
The art work across the wall
like The Barnes
looks burnt like Laurence of Arabia
in the dessert

The A/C installed years ago
teases like a wanton woman

And I wash hair and body with Donna's
Purple colored shampoo

TV shows, sure I miss em
Writing a short story for our
Saturday writers' group

How fun it would be
to have a party
a house-cooling party
with only me and Scott
invited. Pandemic country, ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment