Tuesday, June 30, 2020

The Land of Milk and Honey - Patrick, our neighborhood bee keeper

Did you know that The Land of Milk and Honey is right here on Cowbell Road?

I kid you not, as Jack Paar would say.

Neighbor Patrick is a beekeeper.

And, yes, he's been stung, as happens to most aviarians. I just made up that word and hope it's correct.

Pat brought me two jars of honey. I asked him to open one of the jars.

The top reads COWBELL HONEY, and, in fact, is a collection of locations where the bees roam.

A large honeybee is on the lid.




As we see, the bee finds nectar from clover.

Bees are female and roam fairly close to home so they won't wear out their delicate wings.

Thanks, Internet, for the info.

I guess they're all safely nestled in bed now, since it's twilight.

Pat told me he is reading Sarah's book GRAVITY. He bought it and loves it!

I guessed it took her about two years to write.

Correct, Sarah Lynn?

Am reading two great books now, trying to control myself and not go overboard on Z reading.

THE BOYS OF SUMMER by Roger Kahn. Unbelievably, Kahn's father just died. Had a heart attack on the sidewalk.

Reminds me of our Robert Rovine, who was walking his dog and fell dead on the sidewalk.

GOLDA I am also reading. Just learned her name is spelled Meir.

I'd sent Scott a URL of Disaster Films.

My friend, Debbie said, Oh, I guess you like em b/c of what you've been through with bipolar disorder.

Not at all, I said.

They're just very suspenseful like that film with Robert Mitchum where he was stalking and trying to kill a family aboard a sloop.

CAPE FEAR.

1961.

Gotta buy me a hat like dat.

Ya gotta know how to crease it.

Am outa here and off reading THE BOYS OF SUMMER.





No comments:

Post a Comment