Friday, June 19, 2020

Dad would be proud of me - POEM ABOUT LIBRARY BOOKS

Just finished watching what you might call a movie revue.

Dad, I said, as I headed for my laptop, I'm gonna watch Georgie Jessel.

See film here.

I know, I know. No one's ever heard of Jessel today.



Mitzi Gaynor also starred in the film. She was also in South Pacific and possibly hundreds of other films.



She's still alive at 88.

Both Jessel and Mitzi are Jews.

Dad would always point out Jews.

Just turned on my AC to 78 degrees.

Now in the above movie revue they had the typical "mammy" woman.

She called Mitzi Ma'am. And was big bosomed like a Jezebel, which I read about tother day.

Read here.



Not to worry, folks. I have lots more to say before I hang up my Blog hat for the day.

Scott picked up FOUR books for me at my library.













Hold on while I have a sip of cold Almond Milk.

Mmm good. And I don't have a milk mustache.

That's bc I've got a regular mustache and beard.

I used to kid with the late Stephen Weinstein about this.



Scuse me for now. Gonna start BOYS OF SUMMER.

POEM ABOUT LIBRARY BOOKS

Jewels all.
Better than lapis lazulli
prized since antiquity.
Holding my breath
like a deep sea diver
running out of air
word finally came.

Your library books
are waiting for you.
Scott fetched them for me
and proudly brought them
inside.

Someday I shall see that
library again. Drink from
the water fountain
cold water that feeds
our lifes blood

Say hello to Amber
and Dorothy, to Margie
and Eileen

and never o never
get those unspeakable
diseases, so help me
my strength of will.

....

Read Sam Harris, newly discovered author.

He's 53, lives in LA, and is a staunch atheist.




BOYS OF SUMMER HERE I COME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment