Friday, June 19, 2020

The Joy and Sleepiness of Reading

Sitting in my purple swivel chair, I began reading BOYS OF SUMMER. Soon I was asleep.



What would a smart person do?

They would go upstairs to bed and nap.

I did. And could not fall asleep.

Someone just called and wanted my help. She said, I don't know who else to call.

While awaiting her call, I began reading Sam Sifton's



Marvelous, except he expects us to add the spice cumin frequently.

When I lived in TX and added cumin, my eyes blew up like a tea bag.

Ain't gonna try it again.

He goes into great detail about how to set the table.

I never thought of it as a big deal but - guess what? - now I do!

Sam, who cites his Times' colleague - Melissa Clark - who I love - tells us what tools we need in our pantry.

One is a vegetable peeler.

I do not have one.

Am gonna look online and find a good 'un.

The napkin is on the left of the plate with the fork on top.

Fold your napkin - and I have linen napkins - like a book, he says, with the spine facing the plate.



DO invite me over. I'll bring a nice floral arrangement.

And now, Dear Reader, I'm off to seek a good peeler.

Wish me luck. As you may remember, I bought one at Giant, which did terrible damage to Scott's thumb. It wouldna stop bleeding.

Found a good un on THE VERMONT COUNTRY STORE, which is where I bought my light-up-in the night clock.

Also purchased RALSTON PURINA HOT CEREAL. Arrives in bags.






No comments:

Post a Comment