Sunday, June 14, 2020

Mailman Rachel published - plus more - Poem: A World of A Different Color

Mad Swirl takes their good ole time publishing short stories. I was pleasantly surprised they accepted this story.

Click here.

This morning Scott and I watched The Contract on Turner Classic Films. Suspenseful. Vince Edwards, the actor who played The Hit Man, must act quickly to do the deed.

For 10 grand, he was unable to kill the gangster's wife - a blonde beauty - who would testify against the mob.

In the final scene, we view his hand. Dead.

...

Big problems have I.

Money? Not so bad. I just don't buy anything. Did you see my new Rubbermaid trash can in the kitchen? I had to throw out the top as I don't use it.





Ever heard of lovely honeysuckle?

It strangles other plants in my garden.




My worst problem is I don't understand how to do ZOOM for our support group.

I have a sort of ZOOM dyslexia.

...

The chickadee in my front yard, who lives in an old painted bird box, hatched her babies.



Dunno about you, but I feel like holding and cuddling this bird.

My sister Amy has always had birds.

Let's imagine right now that the bird enters the house. I think she'd fly straight to the back window over the sink and try to get out.

Of course she'd bang into the window, so I would then open the back door that leads onto the all-American deck, and out she'd fly, if she's still intact.

...

This morning I sent an email to the Greenwold Girls saying I would be a little late to meet at Mommy's for Sunday lunch.

Sister Lynn responded and then I responded to her note.

Lynn, I also sauteed mushrooms today for a delicious salad.

I may pass on the coffee for now, Maxwell House, good to the last drop bc I don't sleep for two days after I tipple.

Just finished watching and napping thru a film on BBC on YouTube, so will check to see what's going on in the wide wide world.

Love Ruthie

Oh!  My readers are clamoring for a poem!

Big Crowd Cheer & Applause Clap Sound Effect - YouTube

A WORLD OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

I refuse to say the names of what are trying
and succeeding in killing us

We are still alive. Rejoice!

Eat the cold slice of watermelon
Crack open peanut shells like they sell
at Ocean City New Jersey

Watch the crows take command
of the bird bath on the front lawn

Praise this 5 billion year old earth
Let your head spin in wonder
and say, Of course I will survive.


No comments:

Post a Comment